Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Pure (Covenant, #2)There is need. And then there is Fate. Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's other half is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her. When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon--and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude--or killing her. When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I'm not broke anymore!  If you remember from my review of Half-Blood, the first book in the series, I said I was broke and had to wait until I wasn't broke to get the rest of the series.  So I'm finally not broke and was able to get them, which made me broke again, but I really don't care because I love these books.   
So I'm totally on a Jennifer L. Armentrout binge.  I just got the whole series and few days ago and I've been reading a book a day.  That is how in love with this series I am.  This is like the best friggin' series ever.
This is the second book in the Covenant Series, and I normally always hate the second books in a series.  I don't know why I just do.  It's like it has to live up to the expectations of the first, but somehow always lets you down not this one!  I thought it was just as good as the first book if not better.
So in this book Alex's crush on Aiden gets bigger, but she also sort of starts having feelings for Seth.  (I'll get to what I think of Seth in the next section.)  Daimons are running amuck, somehow they get into the Covenant and start killing students.  Alex must go to the Council to testify what happened with her mother at the end of the last book.  I'm not going to tell you anymore on that just in case you haven't read the last book.  The Council, some of them at least, want to put Alex on the Elixir, and they come close several times.  Then there's Head Minister Telly, I really hate him, so does Alex.  I have a feeling Alex was thinking this:
Anyway at the end it is very climatic and basically the gods declare war on the Apollyons.  Alex has to flee, and Aiden breaks a law for her.  Yeah that was just, um, wow.  I was totally flipping out on that one.  So was Alex, she didn't want him to do it, but he did it anyway.  I was thinking, "Damn girl he really loves you."  It was all so heart warming.
Now onto the boys...  They are both totally swoon worthy.
She took the words right out of my mouth.  I fell a little more in love with Seth in this one, but Aiden is still on top, and he will always be on top.  But at the same time I think that Seth is good for her, but he's up to something I know it.  Seth is a conniving SOB, but I love him anyway.  He's also kind of stalkery and it gets on Alex's nerves.  I would feel the same way too if I had a guy that semi-annoyed me following me everywhere.   The whole times Alex is like:
Any who...  This book was just perfect.  I love this series so much.  I'm obsessed with it.  Hell, I'm obsessed with all of Jennifer Armentrout's books.  They're all just soooooo good.  I am having a Jennifer Armentrout binge week.  I've read all the Covenant series books, and I'm on the second on for the Lux series.
Just to warn you all, my reviews are going to be all Jennifer Armentrout for a couple days or a week.  So get ready for a lot of fangirling over hot guys.
Quotes:
“Aw, did you just fall?"
"No." I rolled onto my back, wincing. "I attacked the floor.”  



“You'll become the center of someone's world one day. And he'll be the luckiest son of a bitch on this earth.”

“Or did you wake up on the wrong side of stupid this morning?”

“Now, I bought us a movie to watch, the one that has sparkly vampires in it.”


Overview:
Rating: Five Stars
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
First Published: April 3rd, 2012
Pages: 329 
Series Book: Yes
Will I Read the Next One: YES!
~ Ariadne 

No comments:

Post a Comment